Abdominal Pain Treatment
Abdominal pain is the pain you feel in the belly or stomach area. Discomfort in this region is common and is caused by a wide variety of conditions. It may just be gas or a stomach cramp, or it could be a serious illness. Let’s take a closer look at the many different ways the pain can present itself.
Types of Pain: Since the intensity of the pain does not always translate into the severity of the illness, it’s important to identify different aspects of discomfort to choose the best course of action.
- Cramps & cramp-like pain – Although cramps can be painful, they are usually not serious. They may be gas or bloating which lasts less than 24 hours and may be followed by a loose stool or diarrhea. If the pain lasts longer than a day or includes a fever you might have a more serious condition.
- Generalized pain – If you feel the pain in more than half of the abdominal area it is typical of gas, indigestion, or a stomach bug.
- Localized pain – If you feel pain in one specific area, it may be a sign of a condition in your appendix, gallbladder, stomach, or another organ. It’s a good idea to get this checked right away. Medrite is open 7 days a week, no appointment needed.
- On and off pain – If you experience waves of pain it might be an ongoing condition such as gall stones or kidney stones.
When to seek medical attention: Certain conditions tion, gas, and stomach flu often pass after a few hours. There are other times when seeking a doctor in a timely fashion is essential.
- Abdominal pain that lasne or two days or continues to increase in severity.
- Bloating that lasts more than 48 hours.
- Diarrhea for more than 4 or 5 days.
- Burning during urination
- Sudden weight loss
- Fever with pain.
NYC Medrite clinic has a physician on Sunc and get relief today.
Save Time… Feel Better…