Same-Day Sprain Treatment Available in Manhattan
Have you stumbled and twisted your knee or ankle? If you need immediate treatment for a painful sprain, look no further than MedRite Urgent Care. Our fully equipped urgent care centers throughout Manhattan are run by experienced clinicians, many of whom have a background in emergency medicine. In non-life-threatening situations, we can provide the same diagnostic and treatment services you would receive in an emergency room, but we are much more welcoming, efficient, and affordable.
Why spend time and money in a chaotic ER if you don’t have to? Our experienced and friendly team is available every day during extended hours. With MedRite, you can receive the non-emergency treatment you need right when you need it—and without the hassle!
What Does Sprain Treatment Involve?
A sprain occurs when the ligaments that hold a joint in place are overstretched, sometimes to the point of tearing. In addition to pain, the symptoms can include swelling, bruising, and an inability to bear weight on the affected limb. As part of the diagnostic process, we may perform an X-ray on site to rule out a fracture.
To promote the healing of a sprain, we may recommend the PRICE protocol, which involves:
- Protection – Protect your painful joint from further injury by immobilizing it with a cast, walking boot, brace, splint, or sports tape.
- Rest – To allow your body to recover, stay off of your feet as much as possible. If walking is painful, you may need to use crutches or a cane.
- Ice applications – Apply an ice pack to your injured joint several times per day as needed to reduce swelling and numb pain.
- Compression – Wrap your joint in an elastic bandage to further reduce painful swelling.
- Elevation – Using a few pillows, raise your injured joint above heart level while you rest during the day or sleep at night.
Your MedRite provider will offer detailed home care instructions to help you recover as quickly as possible. Your sprain treatment regimen may include exercises you can perform to strengthen the muscles that support your injured joint once the pain and swelling subside. You can also take an over-the-counter pain reliever if needed.
Visit MedRite Urgent Care in Manhattan today if you need treatment for a sprain. We’re here to help!